The Florence-Nightingale-Hospital: Health is important
About 2,700 people are employed by the Kaiserswerther Diakonie, most of them in the Florence-Nightingale-Hospital. As a general hospital with more than 600 beds and housing twelve specialised clinics it is the second largest establishment of its kind in Düsseldorf.
The Florence-Nightingale-Hospital is well established far beyond the city borders and enjoys a very high reputation. To succeed in providing ideal conditions for patients and to ensure the highest possible levels of patient safety and quality of care, the individual clinics adopt a multidisciplinary approach and use the latest methods of diagnostics and treatment. The beautiful park landscape and historical buildings that surround the house, provide an extraordinary environment, conducive to health and well-being.
A hospital with two leading addresses
The Florence-Nightingale-Hospital comprises the largest business unit of the social and healthcare enterprise. There are two locations: the main building housing the most specialised clinics on the premises of the Kaiserswerther Diakonie situated on Kreuzbergstraße as well as the specialised clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy with its various buildings on Zeppenheimer Weg.
At a glance: Our specialised Clinics, Centres and cooperation partners
- Department of General-,Visceral-,Thorax-and Endocrine Surgery
- Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery
- Department of Orthopaedics, Emergency Surgery and Hand Surgery
- Department of Paediatric Surgery
- Department of Paediatrics
General Children’s Clinic
Neonatology and Intensive Care Unit
Social Paediatric Centre (SPZ)
- Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Oncology
- Department of Pneumology, Cardiology and internistic intensive-care
- Department of Gynaecology & Obstetrics
Department of Gynaecology
Department of Obstetrics
- Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
- Department of Thoracic Surgery
- Department of Anaesthesiology and The Intensive Care Unit
- Central Interdisciplinary Emergency Ward
- Gynaecological Oncology Centre
- Interdisciplinary Intestinal Cancer Centre
- Interdisciplinary Continent and Pelvic Floor Centre
- Local Trauma Centre
- Perinatal Centre Level 1
The Cooperating Partners:
The hospital’s eponymous patron
Take a look around our hospital, in the grounds, in the park: The tradition of the Kaiserswerther Diakonie is alive and noticeable everywhere!
Feel free to contact us: Our doctors, nurses, staff, aides and the voluntary assistances are standing by for your questions and comments!
If you have any concerns or if you need emotional support: Our hospital pastors are also there for you.
Central Office of the Florence-Nightingale-Hospital
phone: +49 211.409 0
fax: +49 211.409 2111
Corporate Communications of the Kaiserswerther Diakonie
phone: +49 211.409 3551
fax: + 49 211.409 3554
Our services are also available in English:
With the U 79 from Düsseldorf Central Station to Klemensplatz
Timetable of Information for the Regional Transport Network Rhein-Ruhr
Düsseldorf Airport DUS (formerly: Airport Düsseldorf International) is in the immediate vicinity (approx.10 minutes by car)