The Florence-Nightingale-Hospital: Health is important
About 2,800 people are employed by the Kaiserswerther Diakonie, most of them in the Florence-Nightingale-Hospital. As a general hospital with more than 600 beds and housing twelve specialised clinics it is the second largest establishment of its kind in Düsseldorf.
The Florence-Nightingale-Hospital is well established far beyond the city borders and enjoys a very high reputation. To succeed in providing ideal conditions for patients and to ensure the highest possible levels of patient safety and quality of care, the individual clinics adopt a multidisciplinary approach and use the latest methods of diagnostics and treatment. The beautiful park landscape and historical buildings that surround the house, provide an extraordinary environment, conducive to health and well-being.
A hospital with two leading addresses
The Florence-Nightingale-Hospital comprises the largest business unit of the social and healthcare enterprise. There are two locations: the main building housing the most specialised clinics on the premises of the Kaiserswerther Diakonie situated on Kreuzbergstraße as well as the specialised clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy with its various buildings on Zeppenheimer Weg.
At a glance: Our specialised Clinics, Centres and cooperation partners
- Department of General and Visceral Surgery, Center for Oncological and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery
- Department of Orthopaedics, Emergency Surgery and Hand Surgery
- Department of Paediatric Surgery and Traumatology
- Department of Paediatrics: General Children’s Clinic, Neonatology and Intensive Care Unit, Social Paediatric Centre (SPZ)
- Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Oncology
- Department of Pneumology, Cardiology and internistic intensive-care
- Department of Gynaecology & Obstetrics
Department of Gynaecology
Department of Obstetrics
- Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
- Department of Thoracic Surgery
- Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Unit
- Department of Emergency and Acute Medicine
- Gynaecological Oncology Centre
- Interdisciplinary Intestinal Cancer Centre
- Interdisciplinary Continent and Pelvic Floor Centre
- Local Trauma Centre
- Perinatal Centre Level 1
- Center for Hernia Surgery
- Respiratory Emergency Center in cooperation with the University Hospital Düsseldorf
- Endoprosthetics Center
- Competence Center Hernia Surgery
- Lung Cancer Center Düsseldorf-Kaiserswerth
- Center for Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Certified Competence Center Thoracic Surgery
The hospital’s eponymous patron
Take a look around our hospital, in the grounds, in the park: The tradition of the Kaiserswerther Diakonie is alive and noticeable everywhere!
Feel free to contact us: Our doctors, nurses, staff, aides and the voluntary assistances are standing by for your questions and comments!
If you have any concerns or if you need emotional support: Our hospital pastors are also there for you.
With the U 79 from Düsseldorf Central Station to Klemensplatz
Timetable of Information for the Regional Transport Network Rhein-Ruhr
Düsseldorf Airport DUS (formerly: Airport Düsseldorf International) is in the immediate vicinity (approx.10 minutes by car)